Tour Dubrovnik → Sarajevo
Full day trip to Sarajevo
Sarajevo is the capital and at the same time the largest city of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Along with Jerusalem, Sarajevo is the only city in the world that unites four major European religions within 100 meters. Sarajevo is one of the few cities where you can enjoy the old Ottoman central part, cross the main street Ferhadija and suddenly it seems like you are in Vienna, and you come across well-known socialist buildings mixed with modern architecture and elite office buildings.
Dubrovnik is Sarajevo’s twin city and the two cities have been connected for centuries in trade and warm neighboring ties. Even today, the hills around Sarajevo are one of the favorite skiing spots for Dubrovnik people (only 4 hour drive away from Dubrovnik).
Our tour starts at 5:30 AM (it is optimum timing to avoid any crowds in and out of Sarajevo), driving first along the Croatian coast and crossing the Bosnian Border village of Ravno, and through medieval city of Počitelj and Mostar, stopping along the way for restroom/toilette/breakfast and continuing up the Neretva River passing Jablanica, Konjic all the way to Sarajevo.
In Sarajevo, you are greeted by our partner local licensed guide who will take you on a private tour of the city, where you will learn about all the interesting facts and visit all the major sights of Sarajevo. After the tour, we suggest you have some free time for lunch and Turkish (Bosnians called it “Bosnian”) coffee with a cube of sugar to dip into while soaking up all the sounds of the bustling metropolis.
At about 13:30 we will continue towards Mostar, the bridge city where guests will have some free time to take photos of the 16ct bridge, destroyed in the recent war and reconstructed to the very last detail, or to have a tea or beer overlooking the river Neretva.
Our departure towards Dubrovnik would be around 16:45 and with expected arrival in Dubrovnik at about 19:15 or later due to traffic and border conditions.
Price: €450 (up to three persons)
- SARAJEVO OLD TOWN – numerous historical and cultural sights (Bascarsija, Sebilj, Latin Bridge)
- PRIVATE WALKING TOUR – stroll Sarajevo streets with local licensed guide
- TRADITIONAL BOSNIAN LUNCH – try Cevapcici, SIS-CEVAP, BUREK and other famous local delicacies (at own expense)
- MOSTAR OLD TOWN VISIT – 16.ct Old Bridge, Bazaar Street, Koski beg Mosque
- Free cancellation – full refund if cancelled 48h in advance
- Duration 10-11 hours, start time 07:30AM, all 2024
- Instant Confirmation, with only 20% deposit paid by PayPal in advance
- Private Pick-up (type your address in contact-form)
- Physical rating: Light (light walking, nothing too challenging)
- COVID-19 measures: all vehicles are regularly sanitized and all drivers are fully vaccinated.
- Guests need to have valid passport/visa with them at all times during whole duration of the tour
- Bosnian currency – BAM – Bosnian Mark (you cannot pay with Croatian currency in Sarajevo but Euro is usually accepted)
- Later return to Dubrovnik is possible during Summer months due to border and traffic conditions
- For up to 3 persons we use mid-size car, while for 4 and more persons we use 8 seater van
How to book this tour
- Use contact form to check availability, prices, and book your tour
- 20% deposit is required at the time of booking by account
- The outstanding amount should be settled with the tour guide after the tour
- After successful booking you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail
- 05:30 – Pick up from your hotel/apartment/airport/sea port
- 06:30 – Driving alongside Croatian coast, crossing the border at Ravno village to Bosnia
- 06:30-08:00 – Drive through villages: Ljubinje, Stolac, passing city of Mostar
- 08:30-10:15 drive along the Neretva River Canyon, passing towns of Stolac, Jablanica (coffee break option), and Hamzici
- 10:15 – Arrival Sarajevo, meeting with local guide
- 10:15-11:30 (12:00) – Tour of Sarajevo with local licensed guide
- 11:45-13:20- Free time for lunch and further exploration of the city
- 13:20-15:30 – Drive Sarajevo – Mostar
- 15:30 – 16:45 – Mostar visit and free time
- 16:45 – Departure Mostar
- 19:15 – Arrival Dubrovnik hotel/apartment/port
What is included?
- air conditioned vehicle, driver, professional licensed guide throughout the whole journey
- private tour of Sarajevo with Sarajevo local licensed guide
- Visit to Mostar
- Stop in Pocitelj
What is not included?
- Entrance tickets to sights not included in the tour
- Lunch in Sarajevo (optional)
- SARAJEVO 1993 WAR TUNNEL VISIT (contact us for details)
- KONJIC PRESIDENTIAL NUCLEAR BUNKER visit (contact us for details)